Tuesday 30 August 2011

Tesco - Shirking Responsibility





Today it is supermarket giants Tesco that have failed to meet expectations. Not with dodgy produce or battery chickens. It just seems that nobody can take responsibility for a simple job to make shopping easier.

Last week I visited your Dunmow store with my twin baby boys. When I parked and went to get a trolley all of the twin trolleys were filthy. It was pouring with rain, so by the time I had used half a packet of wipes to clean the trolley I was soaked and the boys had started to get tetchy in the car. When I left I spoke to the lady on customer service about it and she said that she would get on the case straight away and ask someone to clean the trolleys.

Today I arrive at the store and the trolleys still haven't been cleaned. I had use more wipes to clean a trolley. They lady on customer service remembered me and said maybe I should email you because it wasn't the cleaners job to clean the trolleys. It wasn't her job to clean the trolleys. She couldn't get anyone to clean them.

Please could you help me on this matter? Taking twins to the supermarket is challenging enough as it is and I'm pretty sure it's not my job to make sure the child seats aren't disgustingly filthy.

Many thanks.


Now from experience I know that Tesco are usually pretty swift at replying to emails. But will it mean I get a clean trolley next time I go shopping? I hope it's not too much to ask for.

Three days after my email I get a telephone call from Tesco who said that if I need a trolley cleaned then I can go in the store and ask when I get there. So this is how it goes - I arrive at Tesco, take the twins out of the car put them in their pram, go into the store, queue up to ask about a trolley. Wait. Someone cleans the trolley. I take the trolley back to the car, put the twins in it, put the pushchair back in the boot, then finally do the shopping. I can guarantee that will add half an hour to my trip. What a crock. Tesco - EPIC FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment