Saturday 27 August 2011

Chocolate Kittens and Puppies



My friend Sally told me once about the time she wrote to Lindt to ask them if they would produce chocolate Bedford Vans instead of chocolate kittens and puppies. Little ones I think, not real size ones. Anyway this was in the 1980s and I understand there was beer involved. My friend said she got a rather imaginative reply about how they'd love to make chocolate vans, chocolate trucks, chocolate cars and other forms of transport but sadly they weren't allowed. This got me wondering though - whatever happened to the kittens and puppies?


Dear Lindt,

My friend told me in the pub the other night that you used to sell chocolate kittens and puppies. Having a concern about animal welfare, I wanted to check what happened to them, especially as I know you have an awful lot of bunnies in your care. Did the kittens and puppies get taken to the chocolate RSPCA?

I also wondered if you had considered any other animals? Owls are quite in these days. Mind you personally I feel that foxes are the new owls, although probably not cute enough for you, what with their urban lifestyle and penchant for raiding litter bins.

Regards,

Sally


Auto reply says they're out of the office until 7th September...

RESULT: Lindt sent me a lovely letter which I will have to scan in. They didn't send me any chocolate though.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POINTS: EIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment