Friday 26 August 2011

Stirchley Bacon


Some companies just have no respect and no idea. I mean how can you get bacon wrong? First things first - how many rashers do you need to make a good sandwich? The correct answer is three. Any seasoned sarnie-eater knows this. Second, what's the best bit of a rasher of bacon? The crispy end bits. Poo to you Stirchley Bacon.

I buy your bacon at our village shop. Today I popped up there to get
some. When I opened the packet, I found you'd cut the ends of all the
rashers off - the best bit! I feel quite aggrieved about it. Five
rashers in a packet difficult enough to split between two bacon
sandwiches, but to find we have been deprived of the loveliest part of
the rashers is quite unnacceptable. Please could you let me know if you
are planning to change this (or at least send me the bits I'm missing)?

Many thanks

Sally Smith


Well rather than getting a reply, I get CC'd into this email.

Bob,

I give you all the best jobs,

Can you do a pr job and reply to this lady please

Good luck!


Natalie Pollard
Managing Director

Stirchley Bacon Company Limited
Unit 36 - 37 Crossgate Road
Park Farm Industrial Estate
Redditch
B98 7SN



Well that was 7th Jan 2010. A year and a half ago. About time I followed it up I thought.


Hi there,

I was just going through my old emails and wondered what happened to Bob? I hope he didn't get sick from eating all the end bits of the bacon.

Regards,

Sally Smith


RESULT: NO REPLY
CUSTOMER SERVICE POINTS: ZERO. And their bacon is crappy.

3 comments:

  1. I just woke becca up laughing at your reply. I have to say though.. I don't like the crispy bits. Sorry. You can have mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love it. I'm going to direct my brother to follow your blog - he's a master at writing to customer services/companies to complain/suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish Emma I could find the emails I sent to Cadbury's about the size of the curly wurlys and to Walkers about the size of their Monster Munch. I'm sure I was responsible for them changing back to their 'old size'!

    ReplyDelete