Wednesday 13 November 2013

A bag full of trouble



Earlier this year I bought a dark grey rucksack from you with lovely coloured spots. Having a pair of toddlers in tow, you need your hands free all the time, so a rucksack is essential. It looked like a nice sturdy and pretty bag, but has proved to have a major flaw. The bag has a zip either side of it, which I assumed to be a pocket when I first bought it. The zips however lead straight into the main bag, making pickpocketing super-easy. The zips are also remarkably easy to open by accident. In the past 2 months, I have lost via these ridiculous zips, my diary, my wallet, 4 boxes of raisins, 2 pens, 3 small cars and one of my twins' all-time favourite blue bunny. Trust me, bedtime wasn't a pleasant experience without the blue bunny.

So I decided to cut my losses and bought another rucksack from you - one without zips in the sides. My new bag, bought last month is your Odette Tweed spotty bag. Sadly this has another major flaw - the opening strings are made from very soft leather. This means that it doesn't open properly without 2 hands, a knack and a promise. You also have to put the bag on the ground to do this, thus setting free the toddlers in the middle of the street. My new bag is also now in very bad shape on the bottom because you have to put it down every time you need to open it.

Do your rucksacks get tested? You could do with a twin-mum to put them through their paces. I'm now over sixty quid down and still haven't got a practical bag to use every day.

Sally Gill

A couple of days later I receive the following reply:

Dear sally,

Thank you for contacting us about the bags that you purchased from Monsoon Accessorize.

On behalf of Monsoon Accessorize, we would like to apologise that you have been disappointed with your purchase and for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please be assured that all Monsoon Accessorize products undergo quality control checks at both the supplier and at our warehouse. We have therefore passed your comments to our Technical Team.

As we are not aware of your date of purchase we are not sure if you are still eligible for 28 days return policy. However, if you are dissatisfied with your purchase, may I suggest that you return to your local store to discuss the matter with a member of the Management Team.

Alternatively, you can return the faulty item to our warehouse with a covering letter and the free returns label provided at the bottom of your despatch note, selecting the faulty reason code if you have placed order online.

As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a 20% off discount code to be used on your next online order with Monsoon.

To redeem this discount code, please enter THANKYOU20 in the 'Promotional Code' field at checkout, to apply 20% off your entire order. This discount code is case sensitive, can only be used once, and will expire on the 30th November 2013.

I hope you find this information useful. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

S

Online Customer Service Consultant

Verdict: Monsoon aren't really getting the issue here. A 28 day return policy wouldn't be relevant to me. It certainly wouldn't cover the flaw "design flaw". Instead they are encouraging me to spend even more money on a bag. Logical. Nope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment